Latest News
New immigrants Apply for a permanent resident card or Canadian citizenship and find out about how to start your life in Canada. Also find out what services are near you to help and what to expect for your first tax year. COVID-19: safety measures Find out if you're affected by coronavirus/COVID-19. Services and information Get a permanent resident card - 24th March 2020  | Work and travel in New Zealand: International Experience Canada Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) An official global travel advisory is in effect: Avoid non-essential travel outside Canada until further notice. Check the Pandemic COVID-19 travel health notice. Check our Travel Advice and Advisories for more information. If you need financial help to return - 13th March 2020  | Jobs or employers If you have an employer-specific work permit and you want to change jobs or employers, you must apply for a new work permit from inside Canada. However, you don’t need to wait until your work permit application is approved to start your new job or work for a new employer. As always, open work permit holders can change employers at any time - 6th July 2020  | by the travel restrictions. We’ll resume resettling refugees as conditions permit. If you’ve sponsored refugees The Resettlement Operations Centre in Ottawa will contact you if the refugees you’re preparing to receive won’t be travelling. There will be no additional arrivals or new flight bookings until further notice. Individual notices on flight cancellations - 8th July 2020  | in Canada If your study permit doesn’t have work conditions on it How many hours you can work off campus During regular school semesters During scheduled breaks in the school year Who can’t work off campus If your study situation changes Working after you complete your study program If you already applied for a work permit If you’re starting a new study program Who - 10th July 2020  | Lesotho Liberia Libya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macao SAR Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia (Federated States of) Moldova Monaco Mongolia Montenegro (former Yugoslavia) Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua - 9th July 2020  | uebec villages sponsored the first refugee family to the area, they wanted to help Maykil, Zena and Malak Toma find a new home. What they didn’t expect was the renewed community spirit that would arrive with their new neighbours. Watch their story #ImmigrationMatters in Edmonton, Alberta How a refugee became a role model for vulnerable Edmonton teens - 7th July 2020  | list by province or territory Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Nova Scotia Ontario Prince Edward Island Saskatchewan Province or territory Name City Address on South Nepean Muslim Community (SNMC) Nepean 3020 Woodroffe Ave Nepean, Ontario K2J 4G3 on ShamRose for Syrian Culture Kitchener 202 Dawn Ridge Court Kitchener - 6th July 2020  |

Funds Required For Canada PR

The money needed to be eligible mainly depends on the number of members in the family of the principal applicant. The number of members has to cover:

  • the principal applicant,
  • their spouse/partner, and
  • Their & their spouses's dependent children.

If the spouse and/or the dependent children are Canadian citizens or permanent residents, they need to be included in the calculation of the family size.

If your spouse is coming with you, you can count money that you have together in a joint account. You may be able to count money in an account under the spouse's name only, but you must prove you have access to the money.

Below are the minimum required funds for 2020. The base currency (taken into account by IRCC) is the Canadian dollar (CAD), and the other currencies are converted from the CAD just so you can have an idea of the required funds in your currency. Please use a more precise exchange rate to be sure of the exact amount needed.


Family Size Required Funds
1 12,960 CAD
2 16,135 CAD
3 19,836 CAD
4 24,083 CAD
5 27,315 CAD
6 30,806 CAD
7 34,299 CAD
For every extra family member 3,492 CAD
What types of assets can I add?

You can only count funds that are readily available, liquid assets. Owning real estate, for example, cannot be counted as proof of having the required funds.

If you sell any of your assets (car, home, jewelry, etc.), before or after receiving the Invitation to Apply (ITA), you must ensure you have proper documentation proving the sale. You will need to upload the sale document with a Letter of Explanation (LOE) justifying the amount of money that was added in the bank pursuant to the sale.

Do I need a Gift Deed?

The funds cannot be borrowed. If there a big inflow of funds to your account, let's say exactly the minimum amount required, this will constitute a red-flag for the immigration officer analyzing your case. If this happens, you need to get a notarized gift deed from the person who gave you the money and write a Letter of Explanation (LoE) clarifying the situation.

If you have the money in your account for more than 6 months, there should be no problem as IRCC does not request the average balance for more than the past 6 months.

How to prove settlement funds

The principal applicant will have to provide, as proof, an official letter from their financial institution that:

  • needs to have the printed letterhead of the institution, that includes their phone number, e-mail, and address,
  • includes the principal applicant's name,
  • lists any contracted debt and its outstanding amount, and
  • includes, for every current account the following information:
    • o Opening date,
    • o Account number,
    • o Current balance,
    • o Average balance in the past 6 months.

You can provide more than one official letter if the required funds are deposited in multiple banks or other financial institutions.

Several large banks have fixed formats for most of their letters and show little flexibility when it comes to accommodating IRCC's requirement. You obviously do not have the powers to change the format that banks have. It is at the discretion of bank officials to modify their letters, some bank officials oblige and some do not. Here are a few tips that could be of help:

  • Try to have as much information in the letter as possible and explain why you were unable to obtain other information in a Letter of Explanation (LoE).
  • Also explain in your Letter of Explanation, the alternative document that you have provided that contains part of the required information.
  • Try to keep e-mail records of your correspondence, so you can include them in your Letter of Explanation.
  • Try to convince the Bank officials to include a note on the letter stating their inability to comply with IRCC's requested format.
  • If your letter does not show average monthly balance: Provide your 6 months bank statements, highlight savings and explain your situation through the Letter of Explanation
  • If your letter does not show debts: explain your situation through the Letter of Explanation, declare all the debt products that you have. Provide your 6 months bank statements, highlight loans, credit card statements, debt repayments.

How can we help ?
Call +91 9998566067
or Submit Below
24 Hour Response time

Important Links

Show Less    Show More